Monday, October 27, 2008

The Results...

Well, the surgery is over, well actually it was over on Friday afternoon, I am just now up to writing about it a little. I am still lying in my pajamas on my couch 3 days later with liquids, drugs, and stitches, but the worst is over and I am relieved.

I appreciate everyone that prayed for me and has written me because I know it helped. The surgery itself was very long, 3 hours, and more intensive than originally planned (kind of the theme of this whole saga). The abscess was more spread out than they could see on x-rays and actually went all the way to the tip of my chin and spread out width length under other teeth that they were also unaware of. But they believe they removed it all and I feel like my surgeons did such a good job and I really appreciated their attentiveness, kindness, and humor throughout the ordeal.

I still am pretty shocked that they don't put people completely under for this sort of thing. I've had a lot of dental work done so I'm not a wimp but it was a pretty horrific experience to be awake for. Lots of blood, lots of cutting, and lots of just awfulness in general. And it is quite the strange experience to have your mouth stitched through the front (under the teeth) all the way through the back and out again--while you're awake!

Anyways, enough of that. I wanted to post a picture of all of my stitches but I realized it was just plain disgusting and nobody needed to see that. But I do have a swollen jaw and I talk funny around these stitches. Also, I'm so hungry! Liquids are fine but they are getting old fast, luckily I like soup and soup likes me. I am very thankful for good friends who have brought me flowers, gifts, cards, frozen hot chocolates, and lots of hugs. I'm also very thankful for my parents who have taken very diligent care of me fixing all of my liquids and keeping me straight on the ridiculous amount of bone vitamins, steroids, antibiotics, and painkillers I am on. I feel like our kitchen table is now a pharmacy, but I'm thankful for those painkillers let me tell you!

I will continue to update as time goes on. Hopefully I will get my stitches out on Thursday and a good report from my first checkup. Thanks again for everyone that prayed for me or contacted me in some way. It has meant a lot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that your "NEW JAW MATERIAL" holds on tight!

I love you tons and wish that I could bring you a frozen house cocoa from Kennedy. Maybe I will...?

Also, your momma is precious for calling me. Hug her for me.

Seriously, love love love

kristin ann rohrer said...

hi dear! so glad to hear that the surgery went well! really. we prayer for you in church on sunday- gotta love lake city :) hope you'll be doing well by re-nash!! which i must remind you is a WEEK AND A HALF away!

see you soon. love you!

Rose Starr said...

So glad to hear you're doing well...as well ask can be after that ordeal!!! Crazy. Praying for super wonderfully quick healing :)
~Rose