Friday, October 31, 2008

Check Up

I went to my first check up yesterday and it went really well. My doctor was very excited with how well everything went, so excited he clapped and jumped a little--more on him later. The only downside is that I don't get my stitches out for another week so I have to put up with the uncomfortable stuff in my mouth for that much longer. Oh and I still can't chew but in happier news I am now allowed to return to spicier and acidic food I wasn't allowed to eat the first week so I am currently enjoying a nice bowl of tomato soup.

Back to Dr. Ray. My surgeon is a very eccentric and interesting man, he really reminds me of the guy that plays the main character in the Italian movie Life is Beautiful. He is probably the best doctor I've ever had when it comes to patient relationships and also the most interesting. He is from Trinidad and has an incredibly beautiful soft accent. He is very attentive and comforting which was nice during my intense surgery. When I went in for my check up my dad and I walked in and I signed in at the counter where Dr. Ray happened to be walking by, he saw us and quickly hid behine the pillar. At first I thought he was trying to be funny and then I realized that he was wearing a costume and he didn't want me to see it yet. He waved and darted behind the next pillar quickly and got out of there. I then realized all of the nurses were wearing fuzzy halos and wings over their scrubs. So they are angels--what is he? Well it turns out he was Charlie. I came in a sat in the examination chair and Dr. Ray come excitedly in and yes, poses, wearing a suit with an unbuttoned flipped up collar, suspenders, a fedora with tiger stripes on it, and a massive cigar that says Big Daddy on it. Hilarious. Not your average specialized surgeon. He did the examination fairly quickly and was very excited about my progress. He then said "ok, now I must go show your dad my costume!" and darted away. My nurse said she liked my boots and walked me out.
Good day at the doctors office.

1 comment:

D. Wo. said...

La vita รจ bella is the best film ever!