Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Autumn. Otono. Automne.

Top 10 things that I am happy about/looking forward to/thankful for (in no particular order):

1. It is finally starting to be fall in Oklahoma! My favorite season. Today was downright blustery and chilly. I wore a cardigan...it was heavenly.

2. Friday is my 24th birthday, sounds so bizarre to say that number, wow.

3. This weekend is JBU Homecoming and I am looking forward to many fun friends and sweet reunions!

4. My surgery is less than a month away.

5. I am going to Florida for a week in 5 days!

6. My cold is so much better and may be gone in a few days...God bless Theraflu!

7. I got to talk to my good friend Pepe on Saturday all the way from Guatemala (who ran a marathon the next day, no big deal.)

8. I am receiving so much love and fun from caretaking the Freeman kids this week--they are a true joy in my life.

9. I thank God that my friend Micah's life was spared in a very serious motorcycle accident last week and that his injuries are so minor in comparison to what could have been.

10. I get to see two of my dear housemates this weekend at Homecoming and I am more excited about that than I can put into words. I love and miss 340!


To close I will include a picture of me and the 340 housies last fall in our Halloween costumes. We love playing dress up and apparently never grew out of our American Girl Doll obsession...

1 comment:

walimaji said...

Emily, what are you doing with yourself post graduation? Are you teaching yet? Hum... I'm teaching in South Korea.

This is Kyle Raymond, by the way.

I probaby should have read more of your posts. I will but later. Right now... Dinner!