Friday, October 3, 2008

Ireland Revisited



The fall of my Junior year at JBU, which was the semester following my first trip to Northern Ireland, I talked to the students of the Chrisitian school held at my church about my experiences. I also shared with them my experiences ministering in the public schools there. To cap it all of we had Irish tea, scones, and other treats I made from my little Irish cookbook.


Well, they asked if I would come again and show the small group of students my pictures and talk some about the culture and traditions. I also decided to make Irish tea again and Pavlova. Pavlova is the yummy dessert that almost all of my host families made and something we particularly ate the first time I went when we were located in Belfast. I brought the recipe back with me and have made it several times for different occasions here at home. It is very fun to make and such a strange but delicious dessert! The kids really liked it and I enjoyed seeing my pictures again, watching our team DVD from Carryduff, and reminiscing about such an awesome experience I have been blessed to have!





No comments: