Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Youth Girls Night



Since moving home I've been personally challenged to try and lead a group of junior high and high school girls in a bible study/youth group from my home church. Our church is a very small but wonderful place. In high school I went to another bigger church in our town for youth group because there wasn't one at my home church. At the time there was only 2 youth age individuals and I was one of them. Now the youth group is much bigger and I felt like I could help out being home and being young. This is a great group of girls all with very different family situations and backgrounds. They are very mature and I was ministered to alot by them in our time together on Sunday. I tried my best to recreate chocolate ice cream sodas from my fun summer job and we also read from John Piper's book Don't Waste Your Life. Then we made a word and picture collage answering a question Piper posed to the reader. I will post the collage I made for myself (*Rose--I think the pic of the laughing girl on my collage looks alot like your Emmaline!*). It's a great book because it challenges me as much at 24 as it does some of these girls at 13 or 17.


No comments: