Friday, July 25, 2008

4th of July--better late than never

Ok, so I know that it is the 25th of July today but well, I've been busy and my blog has gravely suffered. So, today while I am sitting at a wonderful little coffee shop in Lake City looking at the mountains, I thought I would attempt to catch up on the events in my life from the last month with several posts at once. We'll see how I do.

The 4th of July in LC, CO is such a postcard experience. The parade was amazing. It seemed that anyone that wanted to could have a "float". I love that I knew a vast majority of the individuals on each float and I even knew the one-horned goat, Cuscos. All of us soda shop girls had our matching LC 4th of July shirts on and enjoyed the parade immensely but as soon as it was over we booked it back across the street to the shop. We then worked NON-STOP until fireworks started at 9pm (I was able to watch a little of the street dance during my break, longing to join in, but not having time to). When we heard the first boom of fireworks we kicked out all customers and headed up to the roof to watch the beautiful display being shot off of the mountain side. After the finale we ran downstairs for an intense final hour of making wonderful ice cream and soda treats. I slept very soundly that night and enjoyed my morning off the following morning, thankful that I was not part of the clean-up crew!

No comments: