Friday, July 25, 2008

The Parents Visit at last

My parents recently visited me in LC for five days. It was a great time to be together and fun to show them my little town and the beautiful sites around every corner. My mom being a native Coloradan was super excited about hiking, the mountains, and wildflowers. I enjoyed staying with them in their cabin and enjoying the luxury of a television and a whirlpool bathtub.

We took a day to drive up Cinnamon Pass in a 4-wheel drive Rodeo. The views were breathtaking and the road was incredibly rough and seemingly impassable at points. We eventually made it to the American Basin, a place I have been wanting to see and hike ever since I arrived in Lake City. This area is famed for its wildflowers. There is only about a 3-week window of blooming and it was one of the most beautiful sites I have ever seen. So many wildflowers, so many colors, waterfalls everywhere, mountains surrounding, can it get any better? Some of the flowers were seriously up to my elbows they were so tall, it was a photographers dream!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Gorgeous pics! I hope you had a great time with your parents.

Anonymous said...

love the shirt. way to take mexico to colorado. oh, beautiful scenery too....