Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Children of the Mountains

I love kids. I always have. I was raised the daughter of two parents who work in the public education system and love all children ALOT. So, it has been a great joy to be living with and working for the Hartmans who have 4 adorable grandchildren who we get to interact with daily.

I love all of them. But, one of them is a little extra special. Silas Frost Hartman. This little 2 1/2 year old boy has completely stolen my heart. I have never had a boy adore me at the level of this little boy's infatuation. I find it ironic that he is 2.


We have a routine when we see each other. He runs to me with a big grin on his face, he touches all my jewelry saying "neckwace, earwings, etc." (he always notices details, even my toe nail polish, he is gonna really impress the ladies someday), and last but not least he goes for my hair. He is totally obsessed with my hair. He strokes it, wraps it around his face, around my face, and holds it while he sucks his thumb. Everyone finds it so humorous how into my hair he is, I find it charming. Silas and I had a special day together today, and though he may have hald a cold, wet his pants 3 times, and almost refused to take a nap---it was still great. We were swinging on a swing together in the park and he just kept saying "Emowy and Siwas, Emowy and Siwas". Oh, I love it.


His parents own a weaving studio and weave BEAUTIFUL rugs out of recycled materials and so in exchange for babysitting I get customized woven rugs, pretty sweet deal really. I want to include some adorable pictures of all of the cutiepies, but look for Silas---he is the one with shaggy blond hair and bright blue eyes and reminds me of Denise the Menace.

2 comments:

melissa said...

sooooo cute.
miss you pritzy.

christian and amanda said...

silas always noticed your neckwace and earwings because his momma never get around to getting that dressed up. love you. thanks for helping us this summer. amanda