Friday, July 25, 2008

Denver Reunion 08

Two weeks ago I made the 5 hour trip from LC to Denver. I was very excited and motivated to go there because Karen Hartman was visiting from Zambia and David Okada and Kristen Olson were visiting from Mexico. We had an awesome time and were well-hosted by the men of the Embassy--Micah DeKorne, Ryan Likes, Mark Dawson, and friends. It was somewhat of a Mexico-roadtrip-reunion as well with David, Kristen, Micah, Ryan, Mark, and I all being together again as well as Little Red---who is not so little anymore!

It was a great time of fun and fellowship together and I was once again reminded of how much I am blessed and loved by my friends. I love seeing how our friendships have grown and changed since JBU days but are still so deep and fulfilling no matter how long we may not see eachother or far apart we may be.

Some fun included: The Starr family, of course, and nutella smores that I won't forget (great idea Rose!). Karen making an awesome Zambian meal of nshima for us. Micah getting us up to the top of a very, very tall building in downtown Denver. Karen, Kristen, and I all sleeping together in a full size bed (it only lasted one night). Jon's awesome 21st birthday party. Shopping at the amazing latin supermarket. Eating really good Mexican food. And pretty much every singe minute together.




No comments: