Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mr. and Mrs. Merrick














This post is a little late in coming but it is still very necessary. It is an ode to one beautiful/wonderful couple I have the privilege of knowing. Chris and Jill (Neufeld) Merrick.

Jill is one of the five amazing women I lived with last year at 340 Holly St. A house and community that will never die. It was an awesome weekend to all be back together again under the celebration of Jill's wedding. I could go on and on about what amazing community and sisterhood I experienced with these ladies, and how we could all be such pointedly different individuals but all function and live and love together under one roof. I will not though because on of my brilliant journalist housemates, Linda Wyman, has already done so on her blog, so if you are so inclined you may read the post entitled "a tribute" at Linda's blog lisforlinda.blogspot.com.

The weekend started out a little rough with Linda and I driving from Oklahoma together to our Kansas destination through a tornado. We were on the highway and hearing the weatherman on the radio telling people at our exact location to take cover immediately and that there could be touchdowns right where we were. We were no where near a stopping point so I started driving 100 miles per hour, literally, to get to an exit. We exited in the great Kansas town of Maysville as things were beginning to fly around us and the sky glowed green. I was seriously about to have us take cover in the ditch when I felt inclined to stop at the first house off of the highway. After frantic and somewhat tearful banging on the front door, a nice family brought us down into their basement with them for the next 20 minutes. It was very scary and very adventurous and the most stressful part of the whole wedding weekend. The rest was wonderful and had no tornadoes.

I enjoyed Chris and Jill's wedding so much. We communed with so many great JBU friends, soaked up the Kansas wheat fields (there was a lot of them), ate amazing food, and supported an awesome couple who had an incredible wedding!

I wanted to include a classic 340 picture from the wedding as well as many great pictures with the bride!

3 comments:

linda said...

haysville, emily. haysville.

kristin ann rohrer said...

um, loved this. jill needs to get married again. or better yet...YOU! ok, jk. but seriously. another wedding needs to come soon.

pooditang said...

how far is lake city from denver?? I'm going to be moving there august 1st!