Friday, May 29, 2009

Smart and Talented--ridiculous.

I have three very dear friends who are about to move farther away from me than Siloam Springs. I am not ready to let them do that just yet but apparently I am not going to be given a choice. My Teeny is moving to Kansas City, MO to establish residency and hopefully follow that up with starting a grad program in Art History at UMKC. So instead of learning the drive to Bentonville, AR by heart I am going to have to learn the drive to Kansas City by heart.
Ryan is also headed to KC to attend UMKC where he will be wowing more crowds with his genius level skills on the piano. He will be beginning his grad study in piano performance, I will be travelling for his piano recitals as well so he will not forget me--his 'best friend' since Freshman year and the girl he proposed to, with a ring, in the middle of the quad.
Jake is not surprisingly headed on to bigger and better things though he is deciding to do it in another country. I will miss local calls from him discussing Phantasmagoria and how he would be a great President at JBU and I would be a great president's wife. Once again, his only aspirations for me are marriage. I love hearing how everywhere he goes people are astounded by his voice and talent and just feeling so proud of Jakey-poo.
Here's to one last hurrah in Fayetteville.




2 comments:

Christina Carnes said...

Teeny - soulmate? I LOVE YOU.

P.S. sister? uh-huh.

Sanyu said...

Well good thing KC is still not THAT far away. :) Once Alyson gets hitched and moves up there, you'll have yet another reason to go and visit!