Thursday, November 6, 2008

Recovery Update

Today I got my stitches out! I was sooo ready to get this done. They have been very uncomfortable and awkward and stressful to take care of. The appointment went well except for the actual stitch removal. The stitches were in there really tight which is good because they were holding everything up and together but they cut some of my gums getting them out which was painful and frustrating because it seemed to defeat the purpose.

Today I also ate more normal food than I have in the past two weeks. I am starting to feel the renew of energy they told me I would feel. They said after getting the terrible abscess out I would feel like a "new woman" and it would highly effect my health and I am starting to see that already so that is super exciting for me!

Pray for my continued healing and pain. I will still have checkups once a week for awhile. I also have stopped taking the heavy pain medication because it really over affects me and I have a hard time functioning on it. But because of this I am still kind of in pain all the time. It's an interesting thing and for me a really mental battle to overcome. My friend Billy gave me this quote from C.S. Lewis that God whispers through our pleasure and shouts through our pain, that's an awesome thought and I have definitely been experiencing that love!

No comments: