Saturday, June 6, 2009

Route 66 Blowout--a Sapulpa staple.


My home town does not truly have many claims to fame. We do have 2. #1 Frankoma Pottery (world-famous super cool pottery) originated and is still made in a factory here in town and is made from our local clay. #2 Historic Route 66 runs through Sapulpa and through our Historic downtown that is restored and used just as it was 50 years ago--one of the nicest in the U.S.
Every year at this time we have a "Blowout" to celebrate Rt. 66. They shut down downtown and the streets are filled with old cars and motorcycles and all kinds of fair and festival wares. I enjoyed the day with my friends and family, eating barbeque from the Firemen and running into someone we knew everytime I turned my head, including lots of my students. Ok, it is Sapulpa, we knew everyone. It was super fun, beautiful weather, and my arms and shoulders are sporting a sunburn to prove it!




1 comment:

kristin ann rohrer said...

so i really miss you. when are you gracing lake city with your presence?