Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy Haircut



This is the girliest most self-focused post I will ever write. Here it goes: I got a haircut. Not really a big deal for most people, but for me it is quite dramatic. I love my hair long. I never had long hair until college, which some people who have never known me without long hair find hard to believe. But I always got my hair cut into the new trendy haircut or whatever was in style throughout high school and before. When I got to JBU, freshman year fall break, I cut my hair off to about chin length and then I decided I would grow it out for the rest of college and I did. I do not really ever cut it now, even trims freak me out. So because of this my hair was in desperate need of a trim and my mother had been continually telling me how ratty the ends of my hair looked, so I finally made an appointment. She cut nearly four inches off and I survived, in fact I think it looks a lot healthier, so I feel good about it! (I seriously had a nightmare the night before that she accidentally gave me a bob!)

2 comments:

DeMo said...

It's still long & beautiful! I have a friend who is part of a long-hair forum. I think her hair is something like 34 inches long right now?! Anyway, she hasn't had even a trim for about 3 years. She just does something called search & destroy (s&d) which involves inspecting the ends of her hair and trimming off only what's necessary to get rid of the split ends. Maybe you can do that and then you won't have to get it trimmed ever again. :)

linda said...

omg. i love you.