Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Another post about my students--get used to it--I live and breath school and sometimes for weeks at a time, nothing else.

Today I had noon recess duty.
A little girl who is in the 4th grade, not in my class, but I still know her well--she is a well known character, came up behind me and started rubbing my shoulders.
The kids this week have started offering me shoulder rubs and who am I to deny it? My back and neck hurt all the time, all I do is walk around, stand, sit on a wobbly stool, and apparently sleep in positions that really hurt my neck in the morning.

Amazing quote number 1 from shoulder rub experience:
Miss Pritz: "thanks, Lily"
Lily: "how did you know it was me?"
Miss Pritz: "I have eyes in the back of my head"
Lily: "that's right. All women do. I'll get mine one day when I am older."

Amazing quote number 2 from shoulder rub:
---Lily moves from rubbing my shoulders to my neck and then to my cheekbones for some reason............
Lily: "Does that feel good?"
Miss Pritz: Sure.
Lily: "I am not really sure what I am rubbing anymore."

Then my little friend begins to scamper off and as she runs away into the field I hear the beginnings of the tale she is beginning to tell to her brave companion....
Lily: "One time when I was in another country, and it was a chinese new year..........."

Oh to have a limitless imagination with no fear of what others think.

1 comment:

billy said...

Pritz, great posts on your kids. Jess tells me often of her 1st graders' antics, and there is no end to the delight.

Today is a VERY Irish day here in Kenosha - grey, cold, and drizzly. I loved seeing your pics, which brought me back there. I think I took that one of you on that Shire-esque bridge, didn't I?

Keep up the good work!!