Saturday, August 1, 2009

Summer=Strawberry Jam



As a little girl I can remember spending summer days at my best friend Adrian's house and I can remembering her mom canning. She would can outside because it would get so hot inside. Barb knew how to do everything when it came to canning and making jam. I feel it is a lost art in my generation and I want to learn how to carry it on. Since we lost Barb last year we were determined to carry on the tradition--Adrian and her husband Trevor, my mom, and I bought pints of strawberries from the farmer's market and used Barb's old canning equipment to make our own jam. It was a lot of fun, an adventure, and something I definitely want to do again. Also our jam tasted awesome!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

miss you. Love you.

Jenn said...

That is awesome. I love homemade strawberry jam... GREAT job!