Thursday, September 25, 2008

Meet Darby and Jessica

The Freeman family is very special and important to me. My mom and Mr. Freeman (Eric) were good friends during college at John Brown. Ironically they both ended up living with their families in the same small town in Oklahoma. Before the Freemans or the Pritzs either had kids they helped start a small church that started out as a family group and is still a very close knit community. I have been priveledged to be raised in this and so the Freeman family is like my family. They have four kids Joel (18), Darby (16), Dustin (14), and Jessica (11). We've been raised like siblings and now that I am home I spend many days a week with these dear people.

Joel recently started his freshman year at JBU and we are all very excited for the family legacy to continue. Darby has always been a dear little sister to me but as she gets older is becoming such a sweet friend (and she's beautiful too which means I beat up boys). Dustin has always been closer to my brothers but I love to embarass and tease him at any chance. Jessica is one of the most special relationships in my life and we have had a unique bond ever since she was about 2 months old. A defining part of my life was going through the awful battle of cancer when Jessica was diagnosed at age 3 with a very severe and rare form of cell cancer. But to God be the glory when Jessi celebrated 7 years cancer free this August and was released from Dr. checkups!!!


The girls and I have been creating a lot of fun memories since I've been home and I thought I would include a few pictures of our recent cooking adventures. It is always a challenge because Darby is Gluten intolerant and lactose intolerant so we have to get pretty creative! Stay tuned for stories from upcoming Freeman/Pritz adventures: Darby's birthday (Darby and Emily Day), I am staying with them for a week coming up while their parents go to Scotland, and Dustin's birthday will occur during this time and I am going to do it up big!

No comments: