Thursday, May 8, 2008

Why do all good things come to an end?


It's done. Graduation happened. Simultaneously reflecting on this I want to sigh deeply and jump up and down and hug someone. Mixed feelings and emotions. I know processing and moving on in life will come in waves but right now in this moment I feel incredibly relieved and content.

I love JBU. I love Siloam Springs, AR. But I am ready for what is next. I love my friends and people more than anything else, so that part is hard. But I feel like going through the graduation of my actual class last May was more of my true college mourning period. I feel like I get to go through the letting go and moving on thing twice. I don't know if that makes one or the other easier or if I am a glutton for punishment.

Either way, I have had two very rich experiences. I am thankful and I am so glad that JBU is just a springboard in life and that those relationships I have are not over. It has been fun to experience a lot of relationships post-JBU and see how strong those relationships are because of the love and interest that is based in Christ not because of our current living situations.

I do love my housemates. My life at 340 Holly Street went from being what I thought was a random but fun living situation to the strongest and loving communities of women I've ever been a part of. Not to mention more fun and eclectic personalities than should be allowed in one house. Thanks for making my last and extra year at JBU such a surprising and wonderful experience Linda, Natalie, Jill, Kristin, and Leslye! (Boone-mate, you too)

5 comments:

Almancena said...

Yeah Pritz, good posting... just wanted to be the first one to post on your blog... Kristen said she had more important things to do, then post on your blog. Billy says hi and he is trying to wake up.
Peace,
-dwo-

Anonymous said...

Emily,

I'm so excited that you have a blog. Congratulations on graduating! Hey, Emily Gilbert is living with me this summer in L.A. You should come visit.

I miss you,
Ann

linda said...

pritz! you have a blog!

so proud.

kristin ann rohrer said...

oh. you're sweet. can't wait to see you in the mountains.

Rose Starr said...

Woo Hoo! I'm so glad you started a blog :)

1st of all: Congrats on finishing JBU!!!

Praying God guides and provides for the next chapter of your adventure with Him...

I'm adding you to google reader and my blog roll asap!
~Rose