Saturday, May 10, 2008

Oklahoma. Where Tornadoes come sweeping down the plains.


So, I am from Sapulpa, OK. And I am back. It is interesting and different. But good to be home.

I hang out at the one and only coffee shop, Java Dave's, also where my brother worked in high school, at least once a day.

I have met some interesting individuals (mostly noisy high schoolers) and almost always know 2/3 of the people who walk through the door. Today the nice man at the counter who makes my soy lattes made fun of my very outdated punch card. I explained to him that it was so old and unused because I normally live out of state and come back to visit. He asked where and I went on to explain that I had just graduated from a small private school. Turns out he also went to JBU about 10 years ago. It is a small world ladies and gentleman. And now I have a new coffee shop/alumni bond.

We are in a Tornado watch all day today, which hasn't stopped me from driving all over creation to pull together an awesome Mother's Day for Marsha Pritz. Tornadoes dominate most conversations in Creek County from the months of April-June and I am getting to experience our daily and sometimes nightly scares just like the old days. I've decided that even though I'm pretty immune to the fear of such big storms because I am so used to them, I still don't want to live someplace that is in constant threat of a violent and dangerous funnel dropping out of the sky and blowing things around.

Please enjoy the above photo of one of the sketchiest locales in town.

2 comments:

Tracie Faust said...

tell latte maker man to get a real job...HAHAHAHAHAHHHHEHHWHWHWHEHEHEHE!!!!

kidding, that'll totally be me in 10 years...

HEY. glad you're blogging :)

Rose Starr said...

I love that photo!

It's just weird how all you JBUers find each other in the most random ways :) Love it!
~Rose