Friday, January 23, 2009

Sweet Home Siloam


MLK Jr. Day gave me the chance to have a Monday with no school, always exciting. So last Friday I decided to run away to Arkansas for a three day weekend. My friends put me up, took care of me, took me out, bought me dinner, made me dinner, made me baked outmeal, hugged me, shopped with me, and entertained me with wonderful conversation. It was lovely.

One of the highlights was my evening spent at the Huebert household. Oh my, if you ever need cheering up, or just a recharge to your battery of life, call me and I will give you their number. Frank (Student Ministries Director at JBU) and Coleen had me and Jake over, made us wonderful homemade pizzas and let us play with their daughters to our hearts content. Brinley and Addison have been favorites of mine since I met Brinley when she was 5 months old and Addison from the day I went to visit her in the hospital. They are 3 and 2, beautiful, wild, fun, dance machines, dress up experts, imaginative, and just full of bursting joy. We danced, dressed them up as "mermaids", tried to ward off Brinley's offers (commands) to marry Jake and I right then and there, and giggled alot.




I was also super excited that I got to hang out with another friend of mine--Sweet Tea, otherwise known as Ryan. We enjoyed the cafe, he indulged me by letting me visit his super fun family out at the Ranch, and enjoyed going to the Gathering together. It was awesome to visit a JBU chapel service again, so good for my heart. Ryan--we certainly should have taken a picture together because I found that we don't really have very many recent ones, so this would be the spot where I would stick a picture of us......but not until we take one.

Then I topped off my weekend by heading to Bentonville to the Compound and my Teeny. We shopped, slept, ate Thai food, ate Mimi's.......see I had a wonderful indulgent weekend in the Natural State, something everyone should do at any chance they get.



2 comments:

Mrs. Bailey said...

Finally-- she updates! Glad to see all is well!

Ryan said...

Hey! I read this a while back but just realized I never commented on it. It was fun hanging out...and we definitely should have taken a picture. What were we thinking?!? Next time, we'll take one.