Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Day Off

Yesterday was my day off. It was so wonderful. I slept in WAY too late and spent WAY to long getting ready and enjoyed a nice sandwich from the funkiest little cafe ever--Sweet Peas.
Then Tori and I had set up a trade with the Hartmans' daughter-in-law Amanda, we would babysit in exchange for a lesson in tie-dying. So fun...this town is making me more and more of a flower child. I embrace it fully. I now have 3 tie-dyed shirts, 3 pairs of socks, and a pretty sweet apron.

I then started the trade off and took 2 year-old Silas and 1 year-old Priya in their double off-roading typical Colorado stroller to the baseball fields where we ate a picnic dinner and watched some of my local friends play on the community teams. As I was walking with the stroller to the fields two little girls on the play ground saw me from a distance a ran towards me yelling "Ice Cream Lady! Ice Cream Lady!"---is this place for real? I love this charmed life in the high country.


2 comments:

Ryan said...

Sounds like you had a great day off...those are always nice.

So I was just looking at a map and realized how close I am to you right now. I'm in Telluride with the fam...if it weren't for these darn (but actually awesome) mountains, you would just be a short drive away!

Anonymous said...

so glad to have stumbled across your blog! hope i get some amazing chance to run into you soon. love you!